Through the example of Mother Teresa, and our school motto, Gentle Hearts and Creative Minds, we strive to develop a deep sense of social justice that forms our expression of love for others within and beyond our local community.
Examples of outreach at Mother Teresa Primary include the following:
- the students have a close relationship with the residents in a local nursing home making regular visits, and inviting residents to a concert at the end of the year.
- Easter egg collections for Mayflower nursing home, Ronald McDonald House and the Westmead Children’s Hospital
- participation in the Project Compassion Lenten appeal raising funds for Caritas Australia
- supporting St Vincent de Paul through their Winter Appeal with money, clothing, food and blankets for those in need
- supporting the Christmas Appeal by supplying goods for hampers
- running an active Mini Vinnies group of senior students who participate in organising funds to support St Vincent de Paul, and the Missionaries of Charity at Surry Hills by organising a winter sleep-out and Whacky Winter Races Day and various mufti days throughout the year.
- students send personal Christmas cards to nursing home residents and for distribution to the lonely and homeless through the St Vincent de Paul society
- supporting families who have been relocated to Ronald McDonald House
As well as outreach, learning programs actively promote a sense of social justice and a call to mission through our faith.